Important information about Mirae Asset Horizons KOSPI 200 ETF
- Mirae Asset Horizons KOSPI 200 ETF (the “Fund”) is an exchange traded fund. The Fund is an investment fund. There is no guarantee of the repayment of principal. Therefore your investment in the Fund may suffer losses.
- The Fund invests in a portfolio of stocks of a single country, namely, South Korea, and is thus subject to higher concentration risks and is more volatile than portfolios following a more diversified policy and its portfolio value can be exposed to country specific risks.
- Investments in South Korea may be subject to economic, political, legal and foreign exchange risk. The value of the assets of the Fund may be affected by uncertainties such as changes in social conditions, changes in government policies, taxation, restrictions on foreign exchange and other developments in the legal, regulatory and political climate in South Korea.
- The majority of the Fund’s assets will be invested in securities that are denominated in Korea Won (“KRW”). Therefore, the Fund may be subject to exchange rate fluctuations between Hong Kong dollar and KRW. You may suffer a loss if KRW depreciates against Hong Kong dollar.
- The Fund is not “actively managed”, therefore when there is a decline in the underlying index, the KOSPI 200 Index (”the Underlying Index”), the Fund will also decrease in value. Mirae Asset Global Investments (Hong Kong) Limited (the “Manager”) will not adopt any temporary defensive positions against any market downturn. Investors may lose part or all of their investment.
- Generally, retail investors can only buy or sell units of the Fund (”Units”) on the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited (“HKEx”). The trading price of the Units on the HKEx is driven by market factors, such as demand and supply of the Units. Therefore, the Units may trade at a substantial premium/discount to its net asset value (”NAV”).
- Due to fees and expenses of the Fund, liquidity of the market, foreign exchange costs, and changes to the regulatory policies, the Fund’s return may deviate from that of the Underlying Index.
- The unavailability of market prices of the index constituents of the Underlying Index arising from differences in trading sessions between the HKEx and the Korea Exchange may result in deviations of the Fund’s trading price from its NAV.
- Dividend distributions are not guaranteed, and therefore, investors may not receive any dividends from the Fund.
- Investment involves risk. Investors may lose part or all of their investment. Investors should not base on this website alone to make investment decisions. Before making any investment decision, prospective investor should read the Fund’s offering documents (available on www.miraeasset.com.hk) carefully for further details, including the product features and risk factors, and should consider seeking independent professional advice. The contents of the afore-mentioned website is prepared and maintained by the Manager and has not been reviewed by the Securities and Futures Commission of Hong Kong (”SFC”).
All dollar amounts are in HKD and all dates are in GMT+8 Time, unless otherwise specified.
Fund objective and investment strategy
The Fund seeks to provide investment results that, before deduction of fees and expenses, closely correspond to the performance of the Underlying Index.
The Manager intends to invest all, or substantially, all of the assets of the Fund directly in substantially all securities constituting the Underlying Index in substantially the same weightings as these securities have in the Underlying Index to achieve the investment objective of the Fund (“Replication Strategy”).
Where the adoption of a Replication Strategy is not efficient or practicable or is otherwise at the Manager’s absolute discretion, the Manager may hold a representative sample of the constituent securities of the Underlying Index selected by the Manager using quantitative analytical models to derive a portfolio sample (”Representative Sampling Strategy”). Investors should note that the Manager may switch between the Replication Strategy and the Representative Sampling Strategy without prior notice to investors, in its absolute discretion.
The Manager has no intention to invest in financial derivatives instruments (or to adopt a synthetic replication strategy) nor to engage in securities lending or repurchase transactions.
Daily NAV per Unit as of 23 Mar 2017
- $ 21.81
- Change ($)
- $ 0.00
- Change (%)
Fund information as of 23 Mar 2017
- Fund Inception Date
12 Jan 2011
- Listing date on the HKEx
17 Jan 2011
- Financial year end of the Fund
Ending 31 Mar each year
- Ongoing charges over a year
- 0.35% per annum of NAV
- Management Fee
- Up to 0.05% p.a.
- Distribution Frequency
- Annually (if any)
Index information as of 23 Mar 2017
- Underlying Index
- KOSPI 200 Index
- Index Provider
- Type of Index
- Currency (Local)
- Closing Level (Local)
- Closing Level (HKD equivalent)
- Change (HKD equivalent)
- Change % (HKD equivalent)
- Exchange Rate (Local / HKD)
Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited
- Stock Code
- Board Lot Size
- Trading Currency
- Total NAV
- $ 32,714,504.06
- Outstanding Units
Top 10 holdings as of 23 Mar 2017
- SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO LTD KRW5000
- SK HYNIX INC
- HYUNDAI MOTOR CO KRW5000
- NAVER CORP
- SHINHAN FINANCIAL GROUP LTD KRW5000
- POSCO KRW5000
- KB FINANCIAL GROUP INC KRW5000
- HYUNDAI MOBIS KRW5000
- KOREA ELECTRIC POWER CORP KRW5000
- SK TELECOM KRW500
As a percentage of NAV
View all holdings
ABN AMRO Clearing Hong Kong Limited
Credit Suisse Securities (Hong Kong) Limited
Goldman Sachs (Asia) Securities Limited
Guotai Junan Securities (Hong Kong) Limited
Merrill Lynch Far East Limited
Mirae Asset Wealth Management (HK) Limited
Morgan Stanley Hong Kong Securities Limited
Nomura International (Hong Kong) Limited
Shenwan Hongyuan Securities (H.K.) Limited
SG Securities (HK) Limited
UBS Securities Hong Kong Limited
- Commerz Securities Hong Kong Limited
- Merrill Lynch Far East Limited